The Z Cat IUI catheter is designed with a flexible body which enables the catheter to fit itself to the curvature of the uterus.
Z Cat Catheter
The Z Cat IUI catheter is designed with a flexible body which enables the catheter to fit itself to the curvature of the uterus. It is relatively a small and maneuverable IUI catheter, 4.5" length, 3.5Fr. and open end. The Z Cat IUI catheters are sterile, individually packaged and are sold in 50 catheters per box. (Syringe not included.)
Indications for use of the Tom Cat catheter
- Intrauterine insemination
Contraindications for use of the Tom Cat catheter
- Not intended for IVF, GIFT or other intra fallopian tube procedures.
- Should not be used in the presence of cervical infection.
- Should not be used in the presence of or after recent pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Always use washed spermatozoa when performing intrauterine artificial insemination, or intracervical artificial insemination. The introduction of unwashed spermatozoa into the uterus will almost always result in severe adverse reactions, which may include anaphylactic shock. Please refer to the SpermPrep and ZSC methods shown in this catalog for preparing spermatozoa for intrauterine insemination before performing this procedure.
- These catheters are not designed to be reused or resterilized. Destroy after single use.
- No adverse reactions associated with the Z Cat IUI Catheter have been reported. However, as with any instrument which is passed through the internal cervical os, mild cramping may be expected.